Monday, April 11, 2011

Holding hand could help curing the disease...............

I love to care people and be with them when they are really in need. I don't care where they are from, who they are and what they do. Only thing that is in my mind is they need to care for them for their quality of life. " Can you please sit with me for a while, I don't feel comfortable, I am sacred". A 92 years old lady wanted me in the middle of night when she waked up from her sleep, she was anxious asked to call her husband so that she can talk with him. I felt it would not be a best option to call him in middle of night, hence, decided to to sit down with her and give her a company. I was with her for good 15 minutes holding her hands. It helped her a lot, her anxiety level was down and she went back to sleep. She was blessed to have me there with her holding her hands and listening her story. She is a cute little lady with sweet smile, I feel comfortable every time when I enter her room. I can feel her reasons for asking me a sip of water every time when I enter the room, so that I could spend some time with her in the room and be with her.
Advancement of medical technology had helped a lot to improve health of older adults but, still we lack in basic needs of patients who are in the hospital. They are all alone in the hospital by themselves in a small room, they do have a room mate but they are not able to see each other during their entire stay in hospital. Health care provider are too busy, they see their physicians only when they have a serious problem and their nurses when they are ready to get their medications and get nursing care.
In this environment they really need some friends to talk with, hence yesterday I realized that being with patients even for couple of minutes, listening their story can help them to relax and decrease their anxiety level along with that holding their hand can help them a lot to relax. It was a great experience to work with my cute little lady.
Thank you god for showing the right path that is choosing nursing as my profession, it is my passion and life. Thank you all for supporting me and my thoughts.
Aanshu.

No comments: